"The main Examination is intended to assess the overall intellectual traits and depth of understanding of candidates rather than merely the range of their information and memory". - Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
GS Mains Answer Writing Skills Development Program completely focuses on developing answer writing skills & depth of understanding with weekly topic-wise tests. You write answers on UPSC previous years questions.
This is followed by evaluation on 8-important writing parameters
and a video explaining model answers
to all the questions of the test.
The pattern of UPSC Mains exam is very dynamic and unpredictable. Therefore, we use previous year papers so that the aspirants can simulate the UPSC exam in real sense,
understand the demand of the exam and develop effective writing skills.
GS Mains Answer Writing Skills Development Program consists of 3 Parts:
1. 52 Tests
of 5 Questions Each (UPSC PYQs) conducted every Sunday (52 Tests * 5 Qs Each = 260 Qs)
2. Video discussion
of Model Answers
3. Monthly Current Affairs E-Book
and Value-Added Material
52 Tests of UPSC Previous Year Questions
Model Answers Video Discussions
- These Tests are conducted online every Sunday. Tests are Topical (Topicwise), that is, you will get the list of all the topics to be prepared during the week. Each test consists of 5 Qs.
- UPSC Previous Year Questions are the best questions to practice and if you have learnt the art of writing PYQs well, you do not need to worry about anything. So, these tests are made from UPSC PYQs (from the topics as per timetable) to help you write answers on 250+ previous year UPSC questions.
- Evaluation is the most important part of answer writing. Your answers shall be evaluated on 8-parameters discussed in detail below.
- Questions have been so selected that you need to write adequate content on the current affairs related to the topic.
- You get personalised feedback on every answer to improve your answer writing skills.
- Each test will be followed by video discussion of model answers to all the questions. So, you will be able to understand and write model answers on 250+ previous years UPSC questions.
- Each video discussion will cover the structure of the answer, introduction, conclusion, value additions, current perspective, and other important parameters of a model answer.
- Discusses how to make a model structure of the answer for all questions.
- Gives you easy techniques for how to develop answer writing skills.
- Video discussion will remain available in your account for future references too.
You will be provided Monthly Current Affairs E-Book + Value Added Material related to synopsis of Yojana/ Kurukshetra/ EPW/ World Bank Report/ HDR & other important international reports in PDF Format. Current affairs are well-prepared from 14 different sources like The Hindu, PIB, Indian Express, Live Mint, IDSA, PRS Blog etc.
Personal Interaction/ Telephonic Discussion/ Email Interaction/ Classroom interaction in seminars.
This is a comprehensive and intensive 'interactive' (offline/online) test series program focusing on sincere IAS Aspirants who will appear in Civil Service Exam 2021. It focuses on making your reading skills better, attune you to exam conditions, and provide you a wide variety of questions of UPSC previous year questions with detailed evaluations. You will be provided step by step guidance for understanding the concepts of the subject and learn answer writing through easy to understand videos.
Evaluation of all Answers on 8 essential parameters and their weightage
- whether it is aligned as per the demands of the question, strong, with definition of key terms. 15% (Introduction Competence)
2. Question is dissected well
- all parts have been aptly covered - no part is under or over discussed - content is relevant. 20%
- lucid, cogent, and grammatically consistent - shows clarity of thought and expression. 10% (Language Competence)
4. Facts covered
aptly as per needs of question - neither too less nor too many. 10% (Content Competence)
is aligned as per the needs of the question. 15% (Contextual Competence)
6. Presentation/ Value addition
- underlining, highlighting, diagram, graphs, etc. - adequately done. 10% (Structure - Presentations Competence)
7. Words limit
- words are within limits without compromising content required. 5%
- is powerful, expresses way forward, positive, strong, leaving an impact on examiner. 15% (Conclusion Competence)
What's Special about our Answer Writing Skills Development Program:
- You write answers on actual UPSC Questions. Writing 250+ answers on UPSC PYQs will raise your level higher & boost your confidence.
- Your answer is evaluated against 8 parameters. If you are above average on each parameter, your answer will be really good. Against each parameter, you get a rating between Extremely Poor (rated 1) and Extremely Good (rated 5). Now your target would be improving only those parameters where you are below average. This way your focus will be directed, and even little improvements will yield great results.
- Evaluation on 8 essential parameters will help you recognize your real problems in answer writing. Traditional way of giving a feedback note at the end of a answer by examiner has problems that you are not able to diagnose your real issues. This method is more scientific & directly hits on your real problems.
- Based on your rating, you will get practical suggestions and techniques to improve against each parameter. You will get personalised feedback by examiner.
- You will get access to the answers of Toppers against each parameter.
- Learn answer writing thru videos: a video on every question helps understand how to break question into parts and write model answer. Various aspects of each question are discussed in video.
- 5 Qs per week: weekly answer writing puts you in a habit of answer writing.
Answer Writing Program is conducted both Online & in Classroom at Our Centres (Delhi & Chandigarh). For online - Student needs to download the question paper, take a print of it, complete the answer writing, scan, and upload in PDF form. Evaluation is done in 7days.
What you will get:
- Tests are conducted Online. You have choice to give Classroom Test also at Delhi & Chandigarh.
- You will get Username/ Password as soon as you subscribe to test series and the process on Email. You will get the tests and their evaluation on this students’ panel.
- There will be Video Test Discussion & Doubt Clearing Sessions over the mail/ personal interaction/ telephone & during workshops.
- You get Consolidated Question Paper-cum-Answer booklet (52 Tests: PDF File) and Evaluated Answer Booklet by experts with proper feedback, comments & guidance.
- Flexible-Date of Mock Test: Reschedule on the demand of the aspirants. Postpone, but not Prepone.
- Value Addition / Current Affairs / Supplementary material/Reference material/Support material will be provided in SOFT COPY ONLY and will NOT be dispatched.
- Information related evaluation of test papers & videos of model answers will be notified on the home page of student's online platform and thru sms.