Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment
Financial Assistance Given by M/o Social Justice & Empowerment to Non-Governmental Organisations
Posted On: 07 AUG 2018 5:20PM by PIB Delhi
Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment released Grant-in-aid to Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) under the following schemes:
- Scheme of Assistance to NGOs working for the welfare of Scheduled Castes.
- Scheme of Assistance for Skill Development of Other Backward Classes (OBCs)/Economically Backward Classes (EBCs)/ De-notified, Nomadic and Semi-Nomadic Tribes (DNTs).
- III. Free Coaching for SC and OBC Students.
- IV. Babu Jagjivan Ram Chhattrawas Yojana (BJRCY)- For Boys and Girls
- Scheme of Integrated Programme for Senior Citizens (IPSrC)
- VI. Scheme of Assistance for Prevention of Alcoholism and Substance (Drugs) Abuse.
- Scheme of Assistance to Disabled for Purchase/Fitting of Aids and Appliances (ADIP)
- Deendayal Disabled Rehabilitation Scheme (DDRS).
The NGOs receiving grants under the schemes of Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment are required to give an undertaking that they will conform to the reservation policy of the Government.
The sanction letter for funds released to the NGOs also incorporates a clause that grantee NGOs will conform to the reservation policy of the Government.
This information was given by Minister of State for Social Justice and Empowerment Shri Vijay Sampla in a written reply in Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID: 1541946)
Visitor Counter : 100