In order to improve the economic condition of the farmers, Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi has set up an ambitious target in front of the nation. The goal is to double the income of the farmers by 2022. It has been for the first time, a Prime Minister has put such a target in front of the compatriots for the welfare of the farmers. Under the able guidance of Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, the Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Ministry has to achieve this target by 2022. The Ministry is committed to making his dreams come true. Farmers and officers are implementing schemes to increase the income of the farmers. Krishi Vigyan Kendras (KVKs) organised pledge taking ceremonies in 562 districts of the country between August 19 to September 11, 2017, as a clarion call to farmers to double their income by 2022 and a total of 47,08,47 farmers and agricultural workers participated in it.
• KVKs organised this program in the 562 districts of the country. The program saw the participation of the State Government and the Central Government officers, Agricultural Officers, Students and a large number of farmers in each district.
• Speaker Smt. Sumitra Mahajan attended one of the events.
• In two places, the Governor of the respective states participated.
• Chief Ministers of three states attended four pledge-taking ceremonies.
• Union Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Minister, Shri Radha Mohan Singh attended five ceremonies.
• 49 Central Ministers participated in pledge taking ceremonies at 79 locations (Districts).
• In 284 places (Districts), Members of Parliament attended the program.
• In 111 locations (Districts), State Ministers attended the program.
• In 350 locations (Districts), the MLAs attended the program.
• In 398 places (Districts), Chairman of District Panchayat attended the program.
Kindly click here for State wise details.